Manheim Portland Auto Body & Detail Careers
Auto Body Technician
We know that good body techs do more than repairs, they make our customer’s vehicles—and our shop—look good! If you are experienced, hard-working and known for your skill and attention to detail, then our busy body shop may be the perfect fit for you.
***SIGNING BONUS WITH JOB OFFER*** (based on experience and certifications)
- Sheet metal repair on various types of metal
- Vehicle measuring
- Frame pulls
- Plastic and bumper repair
- Removal and installation of parts
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND CHARACTER TRAITS
- Minimum 5 years of verifiable experience in a body shop
- Knowledge of computerized measuring system
- General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations
- Honest, ambitious and reliable
- Neat, organized and engaged
- I-CAR Certifications preferred but not required
- Welding certification preferred but not required
- Vehicle manufacturer certifications preferred but not required
- Must be able to work the following days and hours:
- Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Ability to bend, kneel, squat, and pull
- Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping
- Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 75lbs)
- Performing repetitive motions
***Why choose us?***
- The weekends are generally yours to enjoy. There may be an occasional need to work a Saturday, but not often.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Holiday bonus
- Cutting edge equipment & technology!
- Advancement opportunities. Our company is growing!
- You will be a part of a shop that works in conjunction with a well-established and highly respected auto auction chain and be on a team who believes in working smart to attain shared goals!
Pay will be based on experience. Please forward resume and salary history; your submittal will be confidential.
- Flat rate
- $60k – 100k
- Actual amount depends on work habit
- Auto Body Repair: 5 years (Required)
- I-CAR and/or ASE (Preferred)
- Welding (Preferred)
- Vehicle manufacturer (Preferred)
Looking for full-time work? We have several openings in our very busy, state of the art detail shop!
***Se habla espanol***
You get paid by the hour AND by the car: The more cars you produce, the more money you make!!! On average, we do 40-50 full-details per day.
Our shop works from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday – Friday, and the occasional Saturday, and payday is every Friday.
We are a sub-contractor for wholesale auto auctions and are responsible to clean the vehicles in time for their weekly sale. Our shop is HUGE!!!! It is set up as an assembly line, with 6 stations. Each person is trained to clean one section of the car and then you move it forward to the next station.
This job is fast-paced due to the high volume of vehicles that need to be detailed before the sale.
Requirements for employment:
• You must have strong attention to detail and be willing to learn
• Be a team player and work well with others
• Be physically able to work in a fast paced and labor intensive environment
• Be available to work Monday – Friday and occasional Saturdays
• Be willing to work 35-45 hours a week
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be at least 18 years old
• NO DRIVERS LICENSE REQUIRED
INTERVIEWS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Interested in Joining Our Team?
Fill out the application below and we will be in touch.